Nature Superhero is Dora’s Angry Birds for Green! We are living at a time when the general public is awakening to the need to live a greener lifestyle. Right now, 20% of the people identify as Green Consumers and this is expected to double in the next decade. In the U.S, 41 Million people are considered Cultural Creatives, spending $120B on entertainment and books; their key values include connection with Nature and concern about destruction of environment. Nature Superhero is the companion app to Pacha’s Pajamas, a Transmedia Experience Platform by BALANCE about a little girl who becomes a Superhero for Nature by organizing the world’s biggest festival with wild animals and plants! Check out the Sizzle Reel for more!
Nature Superhero is an iPhone/iPad, Android and Blackberry app in the real world impact genre for youth in the 5-15 age range. It is designed to prompt youth to take real world actions that improve the environment. Dynamic reports will measure the real world impact from the verified actions of players, teams and the community.
How The Nature Superhero App Works
In the early levels of the Nature Superhero app, players become a Pacha’s Pajamas Avatar voiced by Mos Def (Yo Gabba Gabba, The Boondocks, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Universe), Cheech Marin (The Lion King, Cars, Beverly Hills Chihuahua), Majora Carter (Peabody Award winning public-radio series The Promised Land), Talib Kweli (Black Star). Players earn points, unlocks and badges for completing missions responding to environmental crises in the Avatar’s home (e.g., Whale uses sonar to locate plastic from the ocean, Jaguar battles to stop deforestation, Mushroom cleans up oil spills…). In later levels, players and teams engage in RW actions and report back through photos and videos to win cool prizes.
Rockstar Development Team
Our development team includes Plant A Seed Studios (Lord of the Rings Video Game Animator, Mattel’s Rock’em Sock’em Robot augmented reality app).
Why Young People Will Love This App
- The App is in alignment with their values, endorsed by Van Jones, Julia Butterfly Hill, the 13 Indigenous Grandmothers, and other sustainability heroes
- The app fills a real need for technology that enables kids to have a quantifiable real world impact and will be highly entertaining
- The app will be a masterpiece. Our world-class app development team worked on the Lord of the Rings film and app, and the Mattel Rock’em Sock’em Robot app.
- Celebrities are involved including Mos Def (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Universe, Black Star), Talib Kweli (Black Star), Cheech Marin (The Lion King, Cars), Lyrics Born (conscious rapper) and Majora Carter (Peabody Award winning public-radio host)
- We will feature emerging kid stars including Lil Lissy (USA), Ta’kaiya Blaney (CANADA), Lil JZ (CANADA), Teana Boston (USA) and Miles McAliley (USA)
- Kids will have the chance to win real world experiential prizes such as accolades online and offline, meeting celebrities and attending exclusive events.