BALANCE Edutainment is pleased to announce its forthcoming animated book, Pacha’s Pajamas: A Story Written By Nature this Fall. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to be an early reviewer.
Pacha is a young girl with an imagination bigger than the Andes Mountains, homeland of her ancestors. After a stress-induced asthma attack, her magical pajamas carry her into an epic dream where she’s the central player at a nature festival. Full of musical plants and dancing animals, the event is a worldwide call-to-action to save the planet from destruction. Through the dream experience, Pacha awakens with the skills needed to stay healthy and better understand who she truly is.
The Pacha’s Pajamas: A Story Written By Nature Animated Book chronicles the story of Pacha, a little girl on a hero’s journey! In her first dream adventure, Pacha’s magical pajamas whisk her off to an imaginary world in nature where she stars in a nature festival with plants and animals to save the world from destruction. The Animated Book showcases videos as well as the music from multi-award winning double album, which was one of the most honored children’s CDs of 2013.
The Animated Book also has inspiring supplemental materials including profiles about Youth Leaders (real-world Pachas) and the dreams they are bringing to life, as well as fun activities children can do in their home and community. The first activity is a Global Dance Party for Connectedness. Classes, teams, and youth groups that post videos and/or photos may be featured on the We Are ALL Connected website and in compilation videos, and have the opportunity to win cool prizes. The first 100 videos and photos submitted will be featured on the site. Additional activities will be available in the first and subsequent releases of the Animated Book.
The Animated Book is designed to meet the Common Core State Standards, which have been adopted by 45 states, the District of Columbia and four territories as the new K-12 educational standards. The Animated Book has useful supplemental materials to help assess children’s comprehension and understanding including discussion questions based on Common Core English Language Arts Standards, a glossary to help expand children’s vocabulary, and an etymology chart expanding children’s knowledge of other languages (Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and French).
The average Lexile measure for the story is about 950, which applies to the high 4th/5th grade levels and 6th-8th stretch bands. In other words, it’s ideally matched for 9 to 13 year olds. Parents will enjoy reading the book to and with younger children.
For sponsors, this is a unique opportunity to reach children between 7 and 12 years old, as well as their parents and teachers. For distribution partners, this is an opportunity to raise awareness of their organization’s work with children between 7 and 12 years old, as well as parents and teachers worldwide. The Pacha’s Pajamas Animated Book can also be given as a gift to their audience or as a revenue-share opportunity.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info about working together!
Draft Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Animated Video of Pacha dancing and telling the reader about the Animated Book which displays the branding of Title Sponsor
- Interactive Map that shows the different biomes represented on the PACHA JAMMA fairgrounds, which plants and animals are present in the story’s phylogenetic tree, and which Youth Leaders are working on them. Biomes include Swamps and Marshes, Coral reefs, River estuaries, Savannahs, Temperate forests, Cultivated Lands, Tundras, Open ocean, and Deserts.
- Opening Message from Sponsors
- Credits page
- Table of Contents
- Story Chapters (includes story as well as links to discussion questions and activities, fun facts, music and videos, youth leaders, glossary and entomology chart)
- Fun Facts
- Singalong with the Music of PACHA JAMMA
- Youth Leaders and Organizations Protecting and Conserving the Environment
- Discussion questions and Activities
- Etymology Chart
- Closing Message from Sponsors
- Sponsor Offers
- Afterword by the Author, Aaron Ableman
- About Pacha’s Pajamas
- About BALANCE
- About the Author